Sunday, January 04, 2009

Free Irish Calendar / Féilire Lán-Ghaeilge saor in aisce

Sin é! There it is!


I finally finished the project I've been hatching for the last seven weeks: an Irish calendar featuring photos from our most recent trip to Ireland. When I say Irish, I mean tá an féilire seo lán-Ghaeilge; it's completely in Irish, right down to the little letters denoting the days of the week on the small inset calendars each month.


I'm really pleased with how it turned out. (I owe a big debt of thanks to Juliana Halvorson, who created the
Adobe InDesign template I used.) I took the photos in Cork and Connemara.

I took the file to
Kinko's today, and for just under $20 I was able to get the calendar printed on 60 lb. paper and comb-bound. (I had hoped it would be far less, but there you are.)

2009 Irish Calendar - Íomhá na Míosa : Féilire Gaeilge 2009 ón mblag Íomhá an Lae (PDF) (27MB, 28pp) Yes, it's big, but it prints beautifully. Here's a smaller version if you just want to see what it looks like: lower-resolution version (PDF, 28pp, 3.7MB)

And if you have little or no Irish, well, I think you should take a look anyway, because a calendar is a calendar; it's laid out just the same as the ones you're used to, ah, go on, it's not hard at all... :^) Please let me know what you think.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alas my native language is not my thing, but I do like the pictures!

Well done!

Anonymous said...

Looks like Heaven to me.

James Hayes Books said...

great...........

James


www.jameshayes.ie