Friday, November 21, 2008

Ireland trip - 1 - County Cork


I don't always keep the first photo from a batch, but here, overlooking the River Lee west of Blarney, was a surprisingly photogenic roadside stop. The look of the fields on the hillside epitomizes Ireland to me (as do many other things!). (I think we were near Inis Loinge (Inishleena).

We passed through Macroom (Maigh Cromtha) on market day. This meant traffic and not much parking, but a good opportunity to crawl through the town and take it in. Saw more Irish on the signs than I expected.

I love the juxtaposition of the wind farm and the classic farm houses.

A house in Coolea, where Seán Ó Riada lived.

Taken October 28-29, 2008.

5 comments:

糟老頭子 said...

beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Did you get a shot of the sculpture of the big bull on the way into Macroom?

José Antonio said...

hello! I love these photos you've got and I'm collecting flags Get into my blog and put your flag PLIS

Anonymous said...

Hey...nice picz of ireland you have got;-)

stwidgie said...

糟老頭子 , Anony - thanks!

Primal - A bull? I didn't take a picture of it, but I think I remember seeing it. Must be this one: http://tinyurl.com/5m9sj8

José Antonio - gracias! I'll see if I can figure out the flags thing.

It really was a fine trip. More to come!